Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Looking....Looking to the unseen...the eternal!

2 Corinthians 4:1 (NKJV)
1 Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we do not lose heart.

What a tremendous encouragement and challenge this scripture gives me in times of difficulty and personal struggle.  This leads in to one of the most powerful passages of scripture in my life.  Twice, in this chapter we are challenged...Do not lose heart!  It is because we count on this world so much, and depend on what happens to me as the source of happiness, security, and contentment that when it is not going well I am devastated.

Mercy!  Is the ministry of God in my life that does not allow me to succumb to  disappointment, delusion, discouragement. It is that which allows me to see through the foggy haze to the reality that he has set before me "the eternal weight of Glory".  And He reminds me that it is not this "clay pot" that matters, but the treasure inside that matters.  

So what has more weight in your life?  That which perplexes and puts us in despair or the Mercy of God

2 Corinthians 4:17 (NKJV)
17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory,


1 comment:

  1. Amen! This really encouraged me :) Praise God for blessing us with His mercy and the hope to look forward to the "eternal weight of glory"

    ReplyDelete