Thursday, January 19, 2012

is it in you?




This Advertisement always makes me think about the indwelling Holy Spirit in a believers life!

            1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NKJV)
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
20 For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's.


I find it interesting how attractive that Gatorade makes their product for athletes.  The correlation between ingesting Gatorade to make you a better athlete and the indwelling Holy Spirit in a believers life really makes for a strong illustration for how God will work in us.  The Question is always "is it in you"?
John 15:4-8 (NKJV)
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.


I want to be SATURATED BY THE HOLY SPRIT!










No comments:

Post a Comment